Sunday, January 26, 2014

Selfie Sunday


The humans are stuck in the house again today. Church was canceled so they all slept in a bit and made a big breakfast. Of course I got up at my normal time and ate my fair share of eggs, biscuits, and whatever tasty treat "grits" are. Now that chores are done (I helped clean a few dishes myself), each human has fallen victim to some laze-inducing light-emitting screen-wielding item of technology.

This is how humans hold their rank among the pack: The littlest humans share the littlest sources of tech; what they call an"iPad" and a "Kindle", while the biggest humans sit on their bums and stare at the largest screen in the house; the "40-inch flat-screen HD TV". The biggest humans often tolerate the middle-size humans joining them in watching the TV as long as the biggest humans choose what to watch. If they choose not to watch with the biggest humans (which usually is the case), the middle-size humans go to their respective rooms and do whatever they do with their middle-size tech gadgets called "laptops".

Now and then, my human shuts me in our room with my crate open because I am so trustworthy. This is when I click and clack my nails on her "laptop" to record my thoughts on this "61-day" mystery thing that is going on. Today, she left her "Facebook" page open and I saw something called "Selfie Sunday" that caught my interest. Apparently, those photos that someone takes of themselves (rather than having them taken by someone else) are called Selfies. And Sunday is the day to do it! So, naturally, I decided to try my paw at it and rooted through my human's tech drawer to dig out her camera. Here are my results:

 01/24/14 "selfie"

Also, while rummaging through another drawer of my human's, I found these "whelping box plans" which I highly suspect might be a clue to the mystery. The plans include something called "pig rails" so now I think my long floppy ears might have heard wrong the other day. What I thought was talk about "puppies" was actually "piggies". I don't know exactly what kind of animal pigs are, but I wouldn't put it past my humans to get some. We already have rabbits, chickens, cats, a lizard, a rat, and of course us dogs. Hmm... with 56 days to go, I'm thinking I figured out the secret way too early. Now what am I going to do on these stuck-in-the-house kind of snowy days? Maybe I'll shove one of the biggest humans off of the comfy chair and see what's playing on the 40" HD TV. I am top dog of this pack after all:


No comments:

Post a Comment