Saturday, February 8, 2014

Sick

I have not been feeling like myself. A few days ago I didn't feel like eating dinner and so I scratched all my human's blankets over to one side of her bed and fell asleep on top of them (this trick causes her to get cold and forces her to decide whether to disturb the peaceful queen's slumber or get up and turn up the heat). Just as the room started getting toasty (my trick works about 50% of the time), I started heaving. Wouldn't you know it but I got kicked off the bed and had to sleep in my crate. I didn't care much though; I was so nauseous I couldn't even clean up my own mess.

Ever since then, I've been depressed and gloomy and I rarely feel like eating my food (though I will not pass up a morsel of human food whenever I can get it). I'm probably even losing weight. My human doesn't seem to be worried, though her sympathy levels have skyrocketed. I should take advantage of that.

 My human snapped this photo while I was in one of my increasingly-common, deep-sleep naps.

I've been sleeping a lot lately, too. In fact, these days, I often choose a nap over updating this blog. I prefer to sleep lightly; half conscious of sounds and movements, should something need to be bayed at. But the last few days, I have slept so soundly that my human has been able to get up, leave the room, and return before I know it. I know this because, when I wake, her breath is often baited with the remnants of tasty morsels she was able to consume without my awareness.

I sure hope I start feeling better soon. I hate losing out on opportunities to partake of the humans' treats. And, more importantly, I have been so "out of it" that I have taken no notice of new clues for our mystery. If I am counting down correctly, there are 42 days left. Since I am feeling a bit better today, I decided to check out something the humans use on the internet to see if something is wrong with them. I typed in my "symptoms" and got a "diagnosis" of "morning sickness". My human came into the room and scolded me away from the computer before I could read the description, but I doubt the diagnosis was accurate. I got sick for the first time in the evening, and my nausea can hit at any time of the day. My escapades lately have been for naught.

Well, now it's time to wrap this post up. Cross your paws that I can eat all my dinner, and keep it down, tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment