Friday, February 21, 2014

Timey Wimey

Today is Day 31. With 30 days behind us and 30 days to go, we are officially at the halfway point! Time for celebration! However, it's amazing how much slower time seems goes by when you keep track of it. I bet the humans would be much less stressed if they threw out those things they call "calendars". Everything has to be done "on time" and they live from due-date to due-date. Tracking this 61-Day Mystery has made me understand the blessing of being mostly unaware of time. Of course, I know the difference between night and day, time to eat and time to sleep... but a bloodhound's patience is usually limited to the span of a few hours between meals.

Humans have much more patience than us hounds. I have heard a lot of chatter lately about an event called the Olympics that has been going on all month. I took the liberty of tracking down some information, and found out that humans train for four years between these competitions!!! Imagine that! Back when my human and I trained for conformation, obedience, rally and agility, we could enter shows almost any weekend out of the year. The biggest competitions were annual, of course, but still. To wait four years between anything seems crazy. Here is a video of me at work:

 This video is of me and my human earning a 99-point last leg for our Rally Novice title. We took 1st place!

Boy was I small in that video. Time does funny things, even when you're not keeping track of it. I thought I was done growing after I matured but lately I've been putting on weight. I have developed a little bit of a belly!



It does not concern me enough to go on a diet, however. Actually, I am surprised that I'm gaining. My appetite has only been normal for a small while, and I definitely have not been overeating by much. Oh well... it's a sign of my age, I suppose. Like I said, time does funny things.

No comments:

Post a Comment