Saturday, February 1, 2014

Slobber Story

Being a hound, I sure am nosy. I found this poem, written by my human, tucked away among some other papers I was snuffling through:

a bloodhound, when filling his tum
leaves nary a place lacking crumb
all manner forgot
he flings out a shot
of kibble-ridden drool when done

 Clever, no? I admit that it is quite witty and truthful, but, being a bloodhound, I can't help but feel like it makes me the butt of a joke. I mean... "all manner forgot"?? Come on... us hounds should not be judged over customs considered quite mannerly among dogs. And I'm not saying I don't respect my human pack. I don't pee in their house, after all. But poking fun at a hound with excess jowl who slobbers over a meal is a bit... insensitive. I can't help but feel that my own limerick response is required.

an owner, most thoughtful and wise
proudly flaunts each hound-given prize
takes photos of slobs
smiles o'er every glob
and wipes only those flung in eyes

I am, however, proud to say that I have an owner who is proud of my slobs:

This one reached from jowl to floor!

You've probably guessed by now that I haven't come up with any new clues lately as to what the 61-day mystery is. That's okay, no pressure! With only 10 days down and 51 to go, there is plenty of time to go off on tangents. Until next time, Happy February, everybody!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment